Thursday, November 5, 2009

My (non) wish list

So, I have a very specific reason for blogging tonight - to check one thing off my "to do" list. It's a mile long. (Hold that thought...Baby Boy is crying in his crib...he must still be hungry).
Okay, I'm back. I could write a whole other blog about the thoughts I have as I watch Baby Boy nurse to sleep. He is SO precious and innocent, and the room is so quiet that my mind easily wanders to all kinds of places. But, I'll stick to my original intent and talk about my mile-long list. Before I decided to blog tonight, I had to sit and think about it for a minute. Do I want to blog? Will I feel guilty for taking 10 minutes to do it when I could use that 10 minutes to scratch off a different (and possibly more important) item from my list? Nope. Time to blog. Here are the things I am neglecting....

* Folding laundry
* Uploading pictures to Facebook
* Cleaning up the kitchen (fortunately there are only a few things in the sink to put in the dishwasher)
* Filing paperwork
* Taking my vitamins
* Blogging (hey, at least I'm getting one thing done from the list!)
* Working on my book proposal
* Straightening up the living room
* Catching up on writing in my journal (my hand-written, private journal...the one I don't want to share with the world)
* Reading my book
* Going to the gym
* Searching online for some possible ideas for magazine articles
* Emailing friends who wrote weeks ago (sorry I have become an email slacker!)
* Making a grocery list for tomorrow

Okay, I'll stop there. The list could just keep going and going and going. Most of the time, I feel as though my head is above water, but other times (such as now), I don't. Tonight is one of those nights where no matter what I'm doing, I feel as though I should be doing something else. How counterproductive. I'm gonna go clean the kitchen. Then take my vitamins. Then straighten up the living room. Then crawl into my bed and read my book. That's it. Four things off the list. Not bad. There's always tomorrow, right?

1 comment:

  1. just thought I would let you know that I am loving your blog! :) xo

    ReplyDelete