I didn't think I would have anything to write on my second day of blogging, but I found a flying boogie very inspirational today. I'll explain. A few weeks ago, our dog, Cooper, ate our big, blue booger-sucker. You know, the one they give you at the hospital that actually works...not the cheap ones they sell in retail stores that can't suck a darn thing. But, it's all I had, so I have been trying since yesterday to get this one big boogie out of Baby Boy's right nostril. You know the one...dangles when he cries, pokes its head out just long enough to be sucked back in before you can get a good hold of it!
Anyway...we just got home after a nice long four-day vacation from seeing my grandparents in Oregon. After vacation, Baby Boy's sleep schedule is always off, so the first few days after getting home are generally rough. Well, today was the third day after our trip, and Baby Boy's schedule is almost back on track, but not quite. So, needless to say, he was fussy all day today. I mean the kind of fussy that makes you want to cry right along with him (which I admit I did!) I tried everything. I put him in his bouncer. He cried. Took him out, held him. He cried. Laid him on his mat. He cried. Put him in the jumperoo. He cried. Do you see a pattern here? So I thought holding him, snuggling him on the couch, would help. And it did...for a moment. I was lying on my back, knees propped, with him standing on my stomach (which he normall loves to do!) He stopped crying long enough to look around, deciding if he was still upset. He gave one more cry of frustration, which launched the darn boogie from his right nostril, splat onto my neck. I looked at him, he looked at me. No more tears.
For a few minutes, that is! His case of the fussies continued well into the evening. Bathtime is his favorite part of the day, and he kicked the bubbly water as he always does and enjoyed every minute of it. When his Daddy and I were tucking him into bed, Daddy said, "You know, you are my favorite person in the world." Baby Boy looked at him with his big blue eyes and I realized (maybe I should say I was reminded) that he could launch boogies at my throat all day long, and he will forever be my favorite person in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment